1922: Hans Følsgaard began in 1922 in Copenhagen as an electrical wholesaler. In 1946 his son Povl Følsgaard began to import electric components.
1957: In 1957 a plant for production of customer-tailored cords and cables was established in Silkeborg.
1967: In 1967 the electrical wholesale part was sold to Asea Scandia to be able to focus on electric and electronic components
1983: In 1983 the Følsgaard Fund was set up and in 1992 Otto Mønsted A/S became shareholder.
1990: Since the nineties HF Følsgaard has taken over a.o. VK-Electric, Mecatronic, P.Axt & Co., Per Buhl, Danyko – first step in a Nordic initiative, which also incorporates Sweden and Procom Proces A/S.
1997: In 1997 Følsgaard unified its administration and warehouse in a new domicile in Glostrup.
2001: The plant for production of custom-tailored cords and cables in Silkeborg was sold in the spring of 2001. Instead Følsgaard opened a new office in Ry, Jylland.
2005: In February 2005 Følsgaard was taken over by HF Holding A/S consisting of 5 executives, viz. Jørgen Stenberg (majority shareholder), Lars Hagelskjær, Henrik Kusk, Claus Rønne and Per Breinholt. Subsequently, the company’s share capital was divided by 70% to HF Holding and 30% to the Følsgaard Fund.
2007: In November 2007 Følsgaard moved to new premises in Køge with the intention of creating a new inspiring work environment.
2011: In October Følsgaard moved its warehouse from Glostrup to new modern facilities in Køge
2014: Addtech AB takes over HF Holding A/S
2017: HF opens a new sales office in Germany HF Technikpartner GmbH